Friday, August 04, 2006

My Personal Cyprus Pact

I recognize the fact that it has been over seven years since I have visited this country, my home for over a year. Things will have changed. People have moved on; I have moved on. I accept the fact that many people will not remember or recognize me. I accept that my memories will not be the perfect guide. I understand that the Cyprus of my teenage years is different from the one where I will find myself, politically as well as socially.

I realize I can never go home.

But, for me to be this close and not visit is foolishness. I love Cyprus and have been missing it for the last seven years. I need to go back, even if it is different, even if things have changed, even if nobody who I knew way back then will recognize me. I don't care. Nostalgia it may be, but my soul needs it.

So, with this in mind, here we go!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home